Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Photoshop CS2 Jpeg Problem

• Please log in to reply

mach16lt

mach16lt

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone, My problem is that when I open a Jpeg Image in Photoshop CS2 it looks pixelated and low quality, even when view at 100 %. The image comes from my Canon 20d and is a very hi res photo. If I preview the file in say, Windows Viewer or even Adobe Image ready, the picture looks perfect.

Please somebody help me.... Im almost to the point of reinstalling windows, because i cant find a single person who can help..

I have already deleted my settings in photoshop, deleted Adobe Bridge for the fear that it was making my pics into thumbnails, reinstalled CS2 3 times, tried downloading a trial version of photoshop, and nothing has worked

Im just about to the point of reinstalling windows to see if that works...

thanks

Advertisements

geekygirl

geekygirl

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I can try to help. What you first need to know is Windows has nothing to do with your problem, rare I know with Windows. :tazz:

What is the pixel count of the photo? For Hi Res it should be around 300 pixels for every inch of photo.

Here is an example. If I wanted print quality of an image that is 6x8 it would have to have a pixel count for the height of 6 to be 1800 and the width to be 2400.

Make sense?

The reason you can see the photo fine on your other programs is those look just at the surface of the photo or a DPI of around 70%, which is what most website images are viewed at.

What are your camera settings for images? I am not familiar with your model but mine has a Quality choice of-Fine (which I use), standard or economy. Also I tend to use the larger image size 2048x1536 granted it takes up more space, but it also allows a greater flexibility in working with the image.

As you can see there are many variables.

mach16lt

mach16lt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Horray!!! I found out what the problem was...
It turns out that adobe color management was just messing up the color on the photos.
So I turned it off and everything works perfect now... lol

Thank you anyway geekygirl for your quick respose, I really appreciate it.