I have a few weird things happening with my computer. I have tried all sorts of things all to no avail. Here is a list of most of the weird stuff:
1. When I click "My Computer it takes almost 3 minutes to show the drives on my computer.
2. The items on my start-up load, but they don't show up on the system tray, but they used to. When I check Task manager a process seems to be on the list for those programs.
3. I cannot access my scanner. The scanner turns on, and the device manager says it's working ok, but its not!
4. In Iexplorer I can't view source code for a page. Normally I wouldn't care, but I'm taking a web design class and I need it. I can see it in Netscape, but not ie.
5. It used to be that I could type www.whatever .com and ie w2ould take me there, now I have to put http:// infront first. Iexplorer won't do it for me anymore.
6 I also had trouble with using my cd and dvd drives, but that's better now.
I've scanned for viruses, etc. from here to heaven and back...nothing.
I've reinstalled Win XP pro.
I looked through your files and tried fixing internet explorer, nothing there either.
I'm stumped. I can't think of anything else to do.