Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dvd-rom software needed! HELP

• Please log in to reply

LostHiddenSoul

LostHiddenSoul

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi, well here's the problem my dvd/cd-rom opens and close when u push the button but the computer doesn't recognize it, and doesn't show up in 'my computer' as a driver. the computer is a gateway and purchased it in 1998 (yea i know it's OLD!). i'm currently running on Windows XP, the gateway site tells me it's using "Toshiba DVD III DVD-Rom Drive" but it didn't get me a model number and i can't find it. soo can somebody please help me in gettin the software needed or point me in the right direction i've tried going to toshiba.com but it hasn't really helped :tazz: !!!

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
you must find the ticnical name of the DVD drive, go the the makers web page they should have a someway of serching for drivers and then you will just have to install it once downloed. But you must have the name and module name of the DVD drive to do it.