Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with mohpa

• Please log in to reply

cjh1221

cjh1221

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
my computer meets all requirements and it installed fine, now i follow the instructions to start game (single player, new game, easy(or any for that matter)) then i click start. The game freezes and locks up my computer too! I have to manually boot to get anything running! If you have any idea what is wrong I would greatly appreciate it. :tazz:

Edited by cjh1221, 22 September 2005 - 07:30 AM.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello cjh1221!

When the game appears to freeze is there any hard drive activity?
Have you got all the patches installed?
Before running the game do you close all unnecessary background tasks?
Does it happen with any other game?
Have you tried a reinstall of the game?

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
i have installed the patch and i do make sure there are no other programs running that are not necessary.I have reinstalled the game and this is the only game I have the only thing I have to check on is PC activity. I will post again. Thanks!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Put your specs in here as well.

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
make your paging files BIGGER.

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
ummmm...how do i go about making my paging files bigger? I have no idea. please help!

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
XP
P4
40GB 7200RPM
Integrated ADI 1885 Audio
Radeon 9200SE 128MB PCI

Is that right?
sorry I'm kinda new to this. :tazz:

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
By the way I checked and there is PC activity when I get "The Freeze" but I cannot get anything to work. I have tried esc., ctrl.+alt+del. Any other suggestions? :tazz:

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Ok. I tried running the game again (Don't ask me why!) and this time after a few minutes it went to safe mode. It also gave a message.....

"Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding

The ati2dvag display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft."

I hope this is useful to anyone who wishes to help me with my problem. I just don't want this to be a wasted purchase. And I am kinda a computer idiot sometimes. TY

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Download the latest graphics card drivers from the ATI website, uninstall your graphics card drivers and then install the latest ones.

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

make your paging files BIGGER.

View Post

after reading some of your other posts i dont think it could be your paging file but make them bigger is your want.

control panel > system > advanced > performance > advanced > virtual memory.

then look at it and if your paging files are what windows reccomends then knock them up a little NOT to much, about 300mb should do the trick.

:tazz:

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Thank you for the info. I checked my paging files and they are set at 356mb. Should I lower them to 300mb? I just don't know anymore! I'm about ready to give up! But any help is very much appreciated. :tazz:

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
whats does windows reccomend, and what is the maximum you can make them?

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
windows recomends 356 but right now i finally got it to run, now it crashes to the desktop. I am downloading the 1.2 patch now (yea!) and we will see if that does the trick.

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
well everybody, just wanted to let you know I figured it out. It was right there in front of me the whole time. Now I feel like a total boob for wasting everyone's time. My memory is 256mb. The game requires 512mb. I am upgrading and I hope that takes care of all the problems I am having. Thank you all so much for all your help and once again I am sorry for all the time I have wasted. TY
:tazz: