Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop

• Please log in to reply

Justnoww

Justnoww

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I am having a problem with winxp. When ever I turn on the pc it goes right to the desktop with a background of a flower. There are no icons or toolbar. I went into task manager and was able to go on the internet from there. Can anyone please help with this problems?

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go. :tazz:

Please read this post: http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

And post your log here:
http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=37

-=jonnyrotten=- ;)

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Also try this:

Right-Click on Desktop -> Arrange Icons By ->
Make sure that there is a check by "Show Desktop Icons"

For the AutoLogin try this:

Download Tweak UI and install. Run Tweak UI open the sub-tree of the Logon click Autologon and check the box with the label Log on automatically at system startup and click Apply. Uncheck the box and then apply. You have to do this, I dont know why put if you dont you will still autologon when the system bootsup.

I hope that this helps.

Justnoww

Justnoww

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I try to do all that was requested here and was unable to. I try to right click and nothing comes up. I cannot do adware, spyware, nothing

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Try booting into Safemode and try running Ad-Aware. To boot in safe mode press F8 during boot up and you should come to a black screen with a list of options. Highlight Safemode and press enter. Hope that this helps.

Justnoww

Justnoww

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
thanks everyone for your help. I'm sorry I have not been able to log on. I have been very busy this past week. I wish that I was able to use Highjack this, but I can't because the pc I am trying to fix is not mind. It belongs to a friend of mind and Its not in my possesion. I try to help her over the phone. She tells me that when she turn on the pc it goes into her screen saver and not the desktop. I told her to go into task manager. She is able to get into task but unable to open my computer, where control panal is at. Is there another way that we can get into control panel from the task manage?