Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wireless connected

• Please log in to reply

galec

galec

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I have a linksys wrt54g router with 2 wireless: desktop w/ linksys wmp11 and laptop w/ linksys wpc11. all running xp2. my laptop will connect to the wireless network and i cannot connect to internet. It was working last week and nothing has been installed. i tried a system restore but that didn't help. as far as i can see all ips are correct and zero configuration is on. This is very frustrating. I have reformatted the two desktops and everything was ok. Also, I cannot see other computers on the network. All file and printer sharing configuration is correct. :tazz: :) :) :) :ph34r: thanks :ph34r:

Advertisements

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey sorry for the delay,

i had the same problem with my airport extreme wireless router that i bought.

from your cable,dsl provider router unplug the power and also from your linxus wireless router. wait about 20 sec. then plug in the dsl,cable router first and then after 5 sec plug in the wireless router.

this should work

ankush

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
thanks, i'll try this weekend.

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
darn, didn't work.

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Does your connection work if you plug directly into the cable/DSL Modem?

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
yes it did but i am all set. contacted linksys (again). something got changed in the router set up (don't know how tho, it's mystery). I can see all my workgroup computers but cannot access my laptop from the other two. I get this message: \\laptop\xxxx is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator (me!!) of this server to find out if you have access permissions. not enough server storage is available to process this command. any thoughts on this??

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Let me ask you this, is your windows sp2 firewall disabled?

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
using norton internet security on the laptop (the one i can't access on the network). network address for 2 other computers are in the trusted zone. as far as i can everything that needs to be shared is.

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I have run into this problem myself, the sp2 firewall is often overlooked and will keep you from sharing files if it isnt disabled