Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SHELL.DLL

• Please log in to reply

cdemartile

cdemartile

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello, when I try and open certain programs on my computer shell.dll pops up and won't let me go on. I don't know how to fix it. And I really need the program for school. So if you could help me that'd be so awesome! Thanks..

Caitlin

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Download shell.dll from the following link:
http://www.bleepingc...les/shellxp.php

cdemartile

cdemartile

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Okay, I downloaded it and extracted it now what do i do? Do i put it someplace??? I tried to open the program again, and it still said the shell.dll was missing. Then Cannot find file C:\PSDWIN\PSDWIN.EXE (or one of its components). Check to ensure the path and file name are corect and that all requred libraries are available.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
cdemartile...

Copy it and put a copy in the Windows System folder and a copy in the Windows System 32 folder. (C:Windows/System and C:Windows/System32 )

wannabe1

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

So, how old is the PrintShop program and have you checked to make sure this version is compatible with XP??

Murray

cdemartile

cdemartile

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hey..
I figured it out and I got it pu tin the right folder and what not, so now my print shop program works. It is old..lol. I think it was made for like Windows 95. But I really needed it so I used it. I love the program, even thought it's old! lol. Thanks for the help!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
cdemartile...

Glad we were able to help! :tazz:

wannabe1