Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sasser!

• Please log in to reply

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I recently figured out that i have a Sasser worm on my computer.... i think this may b wat is causing my computer to randomly reboot..?? please help me to learn how 2 get rid of it.. :tazz: .. Thank You!
~Lizzie~

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You nick suits you. :tazz:

-> http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
i did the thing and it said i wasnt infected... the specific virus that Mcafee.com said i had was W32/Sasser.worm!ftp...... is it possible it was deleted of my PC without my doing anything??

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Yes it is probable that McAfee removed the virus without your intervention. Looks like your going to perform a system restore from this topic:
http://www.geekstogo...opic=5942&st=30

That will remove any traces of Sasser too.

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
idk... ive done it b4 and it was a bigggggg hassle... i just need to fix my speakers! but i cant tell wat is wrong with them! the weird thing is that i went into my control panel and then to my speaker settings and it said that i had no sound device.. like they were plugged in.. but i checked and they were plugged in... ??? do U have any suggstions?

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
just to let u kno.. idk=i dont know... im used to typin like that... :tazz: