Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error message

• Please log in to reply

dbailey

dbailey

• Pip
  • 8 posts
yesterday I kept getting system32 error message while re-loading Links LS 99 game. Thanks very much to Murray S this problem was fixed,HOWEVER, now as the game finished loading I get a system problem message that will not go away without re-booting and the game will not finish loading or cannot uninstall to start over. thanks in advance for any suggestions....dbailey

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Can you copy and paste the EXACT entire message ??

Murray

dbailey

dbailey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the reply Murray. I cannot cut and paste but here is the entire message:
In a blue Microsoft message box;
Links LS - 1999 Main Executable has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.....

Send error message Don't send error message

This message block the will not clear as you make choice, have to reboot. thks again dbailey

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Okay.. are you installing from a disk or a download??

Murray

dbailey

dbailey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am loading a disc

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
By the look of your error message, there is a problem with the .exe file that runs the game..

This could be due to a corrupted file, a scratched cd or an incompatible program..

Does the system requirements for the cd say it is compatible with XP??

Was the game ever installed on XP before??

Murray

dbailey

dbailey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yes this was loaded on my computer. I purchased an add-on of additional courses for the game. This would not load because of original message of System32 etc. A friend suggested I uninstall then re-install the game and see if that would work. Bad move huh!?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Does the system requirements for the cd say it is compatible with XP??

Murray

View Post

Do you still have the original box?? If so, check the system requirements and make sure XP is listed.. If not, you may need to run it in "Compatibility" mode!!

Murray