Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Should i connect my Speakers to my UPS

• Please log in to reply

raghavwahi

raghavwahi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=red]

Hi people!

I have a problem with my speakers.
Their woofer's chip has already burnt out twice. My vendor says that this is because of a higher than normal voltage in my house , and reccommends me not to use either my UPS's battery backup or my AC mains connection . He has advised me to use my UPS' printer power supply only.

What do you say??? Does the printer power port on the UPS (without battery backup) , actually give a stabilized power supply?? Or am i better of with the mains or with the battery backup port.???

Stay beautiful ,
TC
Raghav. :) :tazz:

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: Speaker Power
Date: 16th SEPT-2006

LISTEN TO THE VENDOR –

Speakers do not require [BATTERY BACKUP] and are not a [SUITABLE LOAD] for [INTERACTIVE TYPE] UPS –

The UPS [PRINTER POWER] or [BYPASS] outlets on the UPS provides protection against [SURGES] & [SPIKES] – The [AVR] outlets on the UPS can not handle high [INRUSH] currents that [LASER PRINTERS] & [PLOTTERS] have – These [AVR] outlets can be used for [INKJET PRINTERS] & other low power consuming printers –

[PEAK VA] ratings on the [INTERACTIVE TYPE] are not suitable for [HIGH INRUSH] currents or the high peak current spikes draw from [FAST RESPONDING] speakers –

Usually you can tell the [OUTPUT RATING] of the UPS by the number of [AVR] outlets:

2 Outlets are about 750 VA – Power for PC & Monitor –
4 Outlets are about 1000 VA – Power for PC – Monitor – External Backup Drive – Printer –
6 Outlets are about 1500 VA – Power for 2 PC – 2 Monitor – 2 External Backup Drive –

If you require a better [INPUT POWER REGULATION] – you need to obtain a 120 VAC – 60 Hz – AC Regulated Power Supply – which is rather [$$ pricy $$] for Speaker protection –
Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 17 September 2005 - 12:31 PM.