Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help slow startup of Compaq Presario SR1520NX

• Please log in to reply

sarge7458

sarge7458

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just baught a Compaq Presario SR1520NX. Whenever I start the computer the Compaq boot screen with the options for boot, setup, and recovery, stays up for about 4 minutes before windows loads. I have tried msconfig, and timeout, and boot settings. nothing works. Anyone have any ideas how to prevent this screen from staying up so long? I just want to get windows to load right off when I start my PC.

Edited by sarge7458, 25 September 2005 - 01:43 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. I would start by searching over at www.hp.com
Take a look at this http://h10025.www1.h...8&lang=en&cc=us
They also have a FAQ section on this product. You can contact their tech support if you don't find the answer on their web page.

sarge7458

sarge7458

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I already went through HPs tech support, they suggested trying the msconfig and timeout, when those did not work, they told me they did not know what else to try.
I never had this issue with my older Dell.