Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Remove Toolbar. [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Gotanks

Gotanks

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My dad was downloading something on my computer, then suddenly some program called "WareOut" got installed and started, i already deleted that off my computer ( I think :tazz: ) But i still got this toolbar:

Posted Image

It shows up in Internet Explorer and just on the normal explorer.

I already tryed to scan with Ad-Aware, CWShredder, XoftSpy and Spybot Search & Destroy.

Anyone know how to delete this?

Also my adress-bar is gone, and i can't add it becouse the menu is disabled:

Posted Image

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi Gotanks and welcome to GeeksToGo!

If you are having malware issues, please got to the following site and follow all the instructions carefully.

You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

this will help you clean up to 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THIS thread.

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

Gotanks

Gotanks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the reply, i runned CleanUp but then my computer got all messy, crashed, and the icons are gone (Like recycle bin, my computer, my documents, folders etc) And the skin is all grey.
And the bar with start and stuff is totally white, won't; show anything. This really sucks, and also it gives a message from Please insert the Windows Service Pack 1 CD so it can replace some files or the system will run instable.

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Do you have your disc?

Excal

Gotanks

Gotanks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'll look for it, but is there anyway except making a back up or something to restore it ?

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
not that I am aware of :tazz:

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.