Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to Hosting domians

• Please log in to reply

alcoholic1

alcoholic1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Basically ive asked around and goggled and still can’t seams to find an answer for this

How do you host domains I am not meaning how do you purchase a domain from like go daddy or some think like that I am asking how do you become like go daddy.

If any one can guide me in the right direction it will be much appreciated

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
If I understand right, you want to host other peoples websites, right?

If you are interested in hosting, you will need adequate server space and a high speed connection to handle traffic flow. For example, the customer needs say 500 MB of space on the server, plus traffic flow up to 5GB monthly..then you would need to provide this.

You could go the other route and resell service, that way you don't even have to house the servers yourself. Just sell the packages. There are many companies available that allow this. (Visp.net provides resellable hosting packages)

I guess I'd need info on what exactly you want to provide your customers before I can be much help. :tazz:

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Not only the connection, but a STATIC IP address that never changes! :tazz:

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi alcoholic1,

If I am reading the post correctly you want to sell people Domain Names like Go Daddy or Register.com.

You can become a reseller for Domain registars, here are a couple of choices:

Wild West Domains You don't need a website since they offer a free store front.

Enom.com I know a lot of people use these folks but not sure how it works. A little reading can answer that.

Hope that helps.

Joe V aka puterman

Edited by puterman, 18 September 2005 - 03:40 PM.

alcoholic1

alcoholic1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Chears mate :tazz: