Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RESOLVED: Capturing and Copying an Image

• Please log in to reply

Morticia

Morticia

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello experts! You guys helped me so much the last time, especially Trev, that I knew to come here FIRST for support.

Here's my question:

Is there a program I can use that will allow me to copy a "dialogue box", for example in Microsoft Excel and then insert that image into an email or even copy it to any other program?

The scenario is that I am taking an online course in Excel and am trying to show my online teacher what it is that I see when I open up a dialogue box. For example when I am in Excel and select "Format>Cells>Number>Currency"...a pop up box appears in my Excel screen, but there seems to be no way to capture that image and send it to my instructor.

Long ago, when I worked for a software company, I had a program at work that enabled me to do this. To capture exactly what I saw on the screen, whether or not it was a pop-up dialogue box, and save that image so that I could send it to someone else or even save it in my own files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Morticia
:tazz:

Edited by Morticia, 16 September 2005 - 02:57 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Morticia...

You can do that right from Windows.

Press the Alt and PrtScn (Print Screen) keys together, open an image editor such as Paint, and click Edit and then Paste. Save the image and you are set.

wannabe1

Morticia

Morticia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi Morticia...

You can do that right from Windows.

Press the Alt and PrtScn (Print Screen) keys together, open an image editor such as Paint, and click Edit and then Paste.  Save the image and you are set.

wannabe1

View Post

Wannabe1,

You are an absolute DOLL!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It worked.

Gratefully,
Morticia
:tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You are most welcome, Morticia :tazz: