Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Playstation Pad to USB converter

• Please log in to reply

fungit

fungit

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi,

I just want to know if anyone out there has schematics and a parts list for what I need to build a PS Pad connector to USB converter, I've already connected the PS pad(via a ps pad extension cord) to a Db25 connector but the analogue button works intermittently. Right now, buying a PS pad to USB converter is not an option for me.

Thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
the easiest way to have ps controller on your pc is to buy one. You are going to have to make a driver for the controller to make it work properly as they arent windows certified PnPm and the normal pc versions are different internally to the actual original controllers.

fungit

fungit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Thanks, I didn't know about the USB driver issue.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well everything needs a driver to work, its what lets the computer know how the device works and what to do with the information it gets from it. You can get a controller for a fiver the ones identical to a PS are a bit more expensive.

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
you can just use your ps2 pad on your pc though.

ok whe ni was surfing the net i came across some converters and all the do is make your ps2, xbox and gamecube controlers into usb.

unfortunatly i can find the site i was on put it might be worth looking for they are around £7 each.

:tazz:

EDIT: just read that this is not an option for you (silly me) :)

Edited by customcomp, 18 September 2005 - 04:54 PM.

fungit

fungit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
thanks anyway looks like I'll be sticking to direct pad and a db25 :tazz: