Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cd-drive

• Please log in to reply

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hello!

I have a problem with my dvd drive.. it worked before but It doesen't work anymore. Then I have 2 cd drives but it says 3, what is that nero imagedrive?!

Can you help me fix my dvd rom drive. It doesen't want to read dvd roms. I have had a this problem for a while but I need to fix it now.
Here are all of my drivers..

Optinen asema IDE DVD-ROM 16X (16x DVD-ROM)
Optinen asema NERO IMAGEDRIVE2 SCSI CdRom Device (Virtual CD-ROM)
Optinen asema SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-216B (16x/10x/32x CD-RW)

Optinen asema = "Optical Staion" I guess..

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Most likely your drive is just worn out and is no longer able to read DVD's, but you can try 'uninstalling' all of them through the device manager, and then rebooting your computer and letting your computer recognize and install them again and see if that does anything. If not there is really not much you can do besides buy a new one im afraid :tazz: .

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Oh, the nero image drive is what you use when you want to make a backup image of a CD but store it on your hard drive instead of on another CD.

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I didn't know that's possible..