I'm not sure what's happening since your log looks good to me.
Download and install EasyCleaner:http://personal.inet...rts/ecleane.htm
After installing it check under Settings > Registry tab if the backup
option is checked and if the directory it points to exists.
This should be true by default, but check anyway.
Then click OK and click Registry
Then click Search. When it is done select all the items per color,
(most, if not all should be green) and click Remove.
Reboot when you are done.
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner
Next Click on Launch Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scanner
You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes
- The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
- Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
- Now click on Scan Settings
- In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
- Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
Scan Mail Bases
- Click OK
- Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
- This program will start to scan your system.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
- Now click on the Save as Text button:
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.