Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runtime Error 141 and 83 with AIM and Office pro

• Please log in to reply

MontyDad

MontyDad

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For over 6 months I have been successfull running windows XP with AIM version 5.5.3415 (I use this version because I am also using Middleman to log my AIM's.) I have also been running Office Professional 2003. All was fine.. then I installed a new hard drive, replace my C drive. I reinstalled everything. I then downloaded a Trial Version of Office 03 from the web site.. and the same version of AIM. And again - everything was PERFECT. Then.. I purchased Office Pro 2003 and Installed THAT version from CD.

NOW - everytime I start AIM I get two runtime errors: the first is Runtime Error 141 and the second is runtime error 83. When I look at the debugging script I can tell these erros seem to be connected to the Flash component of the AIM. But I don't really know becuase I am not a coder.

Here's what I have done to test this or try and solve it myself. 1) I have uninstalled Office and AIM. I reinstalled both. Still happens. 2) I unistalled office and kept AIM, still happens. 3) I reverted back to a system date prior to my installation of Office Pro from CD and opened AIM - everything is fine and working, but I don't have Office on my PC.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Advertisements

MontyDad

MontyDad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
One more thing..

I just reinstalled Office Standard 2003 Trial version from WEB and all works fine. So the issue is with the version of Office 2003 pro from the CD I purchased.. which may be older than what I downloaded from net?????

Appreciate any advice. Thank you.