Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with system.

• Please log in to reply

ustion

ustion

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
His there. I'm haveing some unexplained problems with my system at the moment.
The 1st problem is that my system is runny very slow and is lagging frequently, also When ever a song or noise plays the sound shudders and lags. This was never a problem before.. :tazz: Also I have done a defrag, and deleted various uneeded programs and what now.

The second thing is that the computer has disabled my printer, and I am unable to add the printer. When I go to add printer it says "operation could not be completed".

If there is a way that I can fix these problems, that you be EXELENT...! :)

Thank your very much..

Advertisements

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Welcome to G2G,

Your problem may be malware on your PC. As for the sound problem, it may be your speakers.

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

FKG

ustion

ustion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hey there. thanks alot for your reply.

I had already gone to the malware section on this site and posted my problem... They cant seem to find out what is wrong with the system. The main reason I went to the malware forum was to get rid a problem, Then after the problem was fixed both the lagging of computer and printer problem occured (or during). They recomended that I come here for help.

If you could be any help that would be great.
thanks alot :tazz:

Jus.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi ustion

Give this a try...

Click Start then Run...type sfc /scannow (Note the space between sfc and /) and press "Enter". You will be asked for your installation cd, so have it handy. Wait for the scan to finish (this might take up to an hour). When it's finished, click Start then Run...type chkdsk /r /f (Again...note the spaces) and reboot when prompted. This will run on boot-up so restart will take a while...be patient.

If this doen't help, post back and we'll dig a little deeper....

wannabe1

ustion

ustion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hey thanks for your help.
Unfortuntely that did not work.. and the system is still running the same.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
ustion..

Do this REPAIR to your installation of XP. This procedure will not damage or change your current files or settings...it will just repair or replace damaged system files. You will be asked for your Installation CD and may be asked for your product key. Follow the instructions carefully...print them out if you can.

wannabe1