Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runtime error

• Please log in to reply

Frenchie

Frenchie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need help with this frustrating issue.

I have two accounts on our home computer, one for my wife, one for myself. I get a runtime error now when I click on my desktop icons. There is no error number. The error box that pops up has in its header:

M.S. visual C++ R.T. Library Runtime Error.

Then the message:

prg: :C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

That it. I do not experience this issue on my wife's desktop icons.

In a casual look at files I came across a damaged file in the internet explore folder

(cpbrkpie control) could this be the culprit? If so how do I fix it?

Thanks for all advice.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Have you run malware/virus checks on your computer to rule out whether or not this has been caused by a virus and/or malware?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Another thing you can try, is booting up in your wife's account and delete your user account and create another one. When you delete an account you are given the option to KEEP YOUR FILES, makes sure you select this if there is anything in your my documents that you want to have saved.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hi Frenchie,

Welcome to Geeks To Go, my name is Tony.

Try this, go to:

Start>Run

And type in:

SFC /SCANNOW

See how this goes.

If this works let me know, if this does not do the trick then Please Click here and follow the instructions carefully.

Let me know the results once you have finished. :tazz:

Edited by Tony_1983, 17 September 2005 - 05:18 PM.