Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop won't boot...

• Please log in to reply

mjp

mjp

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok guys, I don't know what happened. I was using my laptop last night, and this morning it just will not boot-up. I have win xp pro installed and the laptop is a vpr matrix. It comes to the windows screen and shows the little blue bar going across then after about 1min, it just reboots. I put in the windows disk and went to repair installation and ran chkdsk. It did find errors on the volume but I do not know how to do anything about it, and if this is the cause? It will not boot into safe mode either. As soon as I click on safe mode, after the white bar loads at the bottom, it reboots like when I try to start it normally? And I've tried booting with the "last good known configuration..." that doesn't work as well.

Anyone have any suggestions? I do not have a floppy drive on this laptop as well if I should put in in a bootdisk and run a sys c: command.

:tazz:

Thanks guys,
-Matt

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Follow these instructions here:

http://www.geekstogo...p?showtopic=138

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

mjp

mjp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Back up and running, just gotta get all of these updates again.

I really appreciate the help. Merry Christmas!

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Merry Christmas!

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: