Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

phpBB2 Problems

• Please log in to reply

fathercrowe

fathercrowe

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey all,
Hope you can help.
I recently added phpBB2 forum software to my website. I followed the instructions to the 'T' and all seemed to go well.
I went to log on for the first time so that I could set the site up as an administrator but when i logged in it took me to the 'page cannot be displayed' page. I used the back button to see if this happened with all the buttons but found the others seemed to work. Thats when I noticed that I was actually logged in. Hmmmmm I thought, I then tried to go to the admin page and start settign the site up but again this goes to the page cannot be displayed page!!!
I reinstalled and deleted my database TWICE (which took ages) and still I get excatly the same problem.
I can't tell if it is something I have done wrong ie some of my hosting details wrong or if there is a bug in the code that I could change???
All help VERY much appreciated

Laters dudes

FC :tazz:

Advertisements

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I don't really know anything about phpbb2 forums, but when you set it up, there would be a place in the coding where you enter the url for the place thats displayed after the login, right? You may be missing that page, or have the wrong url? For example, you may have entered index.php and the actual address was forum/index.php?

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hiya lil cat luver

Please add me to MSN, [email protected], I just went through this...

Here's my gaming league's site: »†Đ« Gaming League

I use PostNuke, but I don't think it's all that different.

Rockett

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I think you're mistaken...I'm not the one that has this problem, I just replied to it, haha.

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
LOL....man, it's been a LONG day!!!

My appologies cat....that was intended for fathercrowe (checked who it was actually FROM that time :tazz: )

Rockett