Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware problems with IEEE card

• Please log in to reply

joeme

joeme

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have been trying to troubleshoot a problem I have writing a file from my computer to my Sony video camcorder. I know believe that I may have a problem with my IEEE1394 card. I have the cable connected to the back of my computer. I noticed that I have a spot on the front of my computer to connect the other end to. Is there a way I can loop the IEEE card around on itself, i.e. connect the cable from the port on the back of the computer to the front and then transfer something out and back into the computer?

Thanks,
Joe.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
There would be no need to do that, you can just copy/paste whatever files/folders you want to move within the computer.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
And I do not believe you can transfer files from a computer to a camcorder anyways, you can only transfer FROM the camcorder TO your computer. I may be wrong but I don't think so....

joeme

joeme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
You missed my point. I want to test my IEEE card ... I'm not interested in transferring files within my computer.

So, I was suggesting that I used the output of the IEEE card and send it to the input of my IEEE card. Then I could look at the files and see if what was sent was recieved. Can you suggest a way to do that?

And you can send a file to the camcorder.

Thanks,
Joe.

Edited by joeme, 18 September 2005 - 07:43 AM.