Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc freezes hen too many connections are started.

• Please log in to reply

r55741

r55741

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
computer freezes when but not only when limewire or bitlord is opened. it also crashes when windows media player is running.

there is no events son the event log around the time when it crashes. it basicaly freezes and i have no option but to restart.

i am malware free as i allready started a thread on the hijacktjis logs sec.. and i appear to be clean. and they awhere unable to further help me on this

here is a link to that thread
http://www.geekstogo...ST&f=37&t=62023
:tazz: :)

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Sorry r55741 but there is no discussions allowed on these boards that pertain to P2P programs and the problems related to using them.

r55741

r55741

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
i said "when but not only" when bit lord and limewire are started.
maning it will crash anywhay if none of those programs are started. it might crash while moving big files or using wmv

the reason why i add bt lord and limewire is because it crashes faster when those are open and it wmight help diagnose the problem. but this is not a p2p specific problem.

we can leave the p2p part out if it's nesesary i'm just hoping i can get help so it doesn;t freeze at all.

thanks.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Sorry but like I said we cannot help with problems related to P2P programs. I know exactly what is causing it but cannot and will not tell you how to fix it. Sorry but rules are rules.

r55741

r55741

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
all right thanks anyway :tazz:

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello, r55741.

Can you recall when it began freezing up, was it after you dd a specific thing, such as installing a device driver or installing a program?

When you say it freezes, does the screen just freeze, or does it blue screen? You say it happens alot faster when you move big files or run hard disk related programs.. If you would humor me and download Speedfan here - http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Please run it and post back the temps it gives you (disregard the very high ones (100+) and the very low ones (negative). We'll see if that gives us any clues.

-OwNt

-------We do NOT condone, nor do we recommend using P2P programs at G2G, and cannot give support for problems pertaining towards them--------

r55741

r55741

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
thanks a lot for your help.

but i seem to have fixed the problem.

it was caused by an update driver i picked up from the windows update site for my marvell yukon ethernet card.

the new driver cause the card to stop working crashing the computer too. (even if no p2p program was running) :tazz:

i simply rolled back the driver and it's working great

and to your question, yes it tended to just freeze no blue screens or anything.

i picked this up from another board..it seems it's an issue with a lot of people who installed the update drivers.

peace :)

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Just to make sure, there is no more freezing on your computer since you rolled back the driver?

r55741

r55741

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
that is correct no more freezing