Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupt AOL Personal Filing Cabinet

• Please log in to reply

segerkm

segerkm

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
About a month ago, I lost all my saved AOL mail. I tried restoring from backup, but even the backup file was corrupted. I had to completely reinstall AOL to fix the problem.

I found a backup of the PFC from 5/31/05, so all is not lost, but I'd really like to get it ALL back (and in one file).

Other than to ditch AOL (I know, I know)... any suggestions?

Ideally, I'd like ALL my mail - pre AND post 8/19/05 in the same PFC file. I've also seem some utilities that claim to export AOL mail to Outlook.

On a scale of 1-10, my computer skills are around a 6.

Thanks so much!

Kathleen

Edited by segerkm, 17 September 2005 - 06:50 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Ideally, I'd like ALL my mail - pre AND post 8/19/05 in the same PFC file. I've also seem some utilities that claim to export AOL mail to Outlook.

On a scale of 1-10, my computer skills are around a 6.

Thanks so much!

Kathleen

View Post

Isn't that called putting all your eggs in one basket?

segerkm

segerkm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ha.

I'll back up the final result. I'd just like to be able to go to one place to view all my old mail (right now it's in two places and I'm still missing a few months).

Eventually I'll get rid of AOL. I keep saying that, but I've been procrastinating because of all the websites I'll have to change my address on (especially the ones for my bills and stuff). Ugh.

Plus I still haven't decided what email client to use. I'm good at application user stuff, but not web/email client configuration stuff. So I continue paying through the nose for what I thought was a fail-proof email client. Did I say "Ugh" yet?

Thanks,

~K