Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I keep getting this install prompt for a printer

• Please log in to reply

omegaF

omegaF

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have this install prompt every time i restart my cpu.....prompting me to install a printer that was on my cpu a long time ago, i clicked the box that says dont show me this message again ....but it keeps coming back to haunt me.
any tips?

Advertisements

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Remove the printer's drivers from the device manager. That way your computer won't recognise that a printer needs to be installed.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
omegaF...

You might also check in the control panel under Printers and Faxes and remove the printer from there is it is present. Right click on it and choose delete. Be careful not to delete your current printer...

wannabe1

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Another, last resort, option would be to just go through with installing the stupid thing, and delete the definition once that's complete.

That may shut Windows up. It tends to get belligerent when it wants something.

omegaF

omegaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i tried to install it....then it asks for the location of the file it needs to install....and i dont think its on my cpu..i even tried to automatically install it ...didnt work..where would i find where this prompt is coming from to delete it?