Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD/DVD burner/Dell

• Please log in to reply

devilsdream577

devilsdream577

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi everyone,

I am having a problem burning cd's and dvd's can you help please.... :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
It's possible that you may need to download another driver called 'DLA' to be able to burn properly. But I don't know this for sure until you post the information about your cd/dvd burner. What I'm asking for is the manufacturer and model #.

devilsdream577

devilsdream577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok this is what happens when i try to burn,

that little caution sign comes up...There is a problem writing to the disc. You can try again by clicking the retry button. you will need another blank disc ready.....

then the advanced place it says.....Sense: 05 ASC: 21 ASCQ: 02 (Command 2A)
-------------------------------------------------------
Px.dll: 2.2.45.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.1.47.0
PxMas.dll: 2.2.45.500
PxSFS.DLL: 2.2.45.500
PxWave.dll: 2.2.45.500
pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

The CD/DVD burner is....._Nec DVD+-RW ND 3530A

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
What program are you using to burn?

devilsdream577

devilsdream577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sonic

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Is that the program that came with your dvd-burner? Nero is the best for burning. Sonic might not support your burner. Try using the Windows built in cd burner and see if you still get errors. Also do you get the error when you burn any kind of cd or just when try to burn a data disc, audio cd or image?

devilsdream577

devilsdream577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
This is the burner that come with the computer as well as the program that come with the computer, I have burnt cd's and dvd's already and then just like that it don't want to work now....

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If that's the case, then most likely you have worn your burner out and it will no longer burn cds/dvds. Happened to me, just replace it and you'll be good to go again.

devilsdream577

devilsdream577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
LOL i hope not my computer is only a month old...i am gonna call the company and see if they will replace it then...the burner come with the darn computer, it shouldn't be worn out already lol...but thanks anyways and i will let you know how it goes....

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
devilsdream577...

Try doing a System Restore to a day or two before you first noticed the problem.

Click Start and point to All Programs then to Accessories then to System Tools and click System Restore

On the Welcome to System Restore page, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" (it should be selected by default), and then click "Next"

On the Select a Restore Point page, click a bold date on the calendar to the left...go back a few months if you can, and then click "Next". A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click "Ok".
On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click "Next". System Restore will restore the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restart the computer.

When the System Restore Restoration Complete page appears...Click "Ok".

Let us know if this helps...

wannabe1

devilsdream577

devilsdream577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hey....thanks alot I will try that, i am at work right now and it is my home computer that is acting up...i will let you know how it goes..