Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue files

• Please log in to reply

dflo404

dflo404

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
About a week ago, the names for a number of files on my computer turned blue. There doesn't seem to be any relation between all of them, they are all just random files.

Norton picked up a virus and said it took care of it the other day, but I think there was one that it couldn't get, and I am in the process of getting rid of it.

Are these random files names that have turned blue the work of a virus? Or do any of you know a reason why they did that. Should I delete them? Is there something I'm sapposed to do?

Thanks in advance :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
This is normal if you have the checkbox for 'Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color' checked in VIEW tab in Folder Options. Go into the CONTROL PANEL and double click on Folder Options to access this window.

Edited by Fenor, 18 September 2005 - 09:12 AM.

dflo404

dflo404

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Ahh thank you. One less thing I have to worry about.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
haha thats so cool. my xp home comp insists on putting half of my mp3 files in blue. up to now I've never figured out why. thanks :tazz: