Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL Runtime Error

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I just donated my old PC to my mother. For simplicty, she installed AOL. She is running AOL 9.0 Security Edition.

On almost every web page we go to, we are getting runtime errors. The only options I can find are under "Settings", but they don't offer anything like what I find in IE and other browsers.

Does anyone here use AOL or at least know where I can turn off the error checking routine for runtime errors? Mom really gets them on almost every page.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I think turning off script debugging in IE may turn it off in aol too.

in IE:

Tools->Internet Options->Advanced-> disable script debugging.

hope it helps.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If your're constantly getting runtime errors it probably means that one or more of your runtime environments isn't up to date. The most common ones are DirectX from Microsoft Updates and the Java RE from www.sun.com downloads. The runtime environments provide link libraries for running programs.