Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speaker Issues

• Please log in to reply

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Didnt know where to put this so i hope this is alright. Just move it if it isnt..

Anyways..
Well my speakers have static when i bump against or even tap on the edge of the desk. My speakers are near my monitor and printer if that makes any difference. Yeah well i dont know what the problem is like if there is a loose wire or something inside of it. Im thinking of getting new ones but i dont know if i can fix these.

Thanks,
John :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Yes monitors can definitely cause problems with inadequately shielded speakers. Try moving them away from the monitor and see if the problem still persists. If it does then most likely it is your speakers going bad, but if you have another set of speakers you can test with, I suggest you plug em in and make sure it's not your sound card that is going bad. Would suck to spend the money on new speakers and they weren't even causing the problem.

Fenor

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Alright i will try,
But this has never happened before

And i just moved them for a second and they were still staticy
They have been next to my monitor for a while now too..