Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my admin went awol

• Please log in to reply

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I had some trouble a few weeks back and hp sent me the 7 disk set of system recovery.This didn't work so a very helpful hp tech overnited a recovery console disk.I did everything it said and the only thing id that when I finally get into safe mde after a few tries when I press the admin I get a mess. saying windows cannot load users profile and something like I'm being redirected to the users profile in 20 sec.Theres a restore file I cannot get rid of using the normal user profile and this one file keeps coming up infected.By the way when I log in here I always get a message saying system is down,retry in 30 secs.I click the x and log on the second time,w/out waiting 30 sec.sIs this problem related and is there a way to get back to my all mighty admin.pos.(btw,this isa single user machine)

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hi HarryMay,

Welcome to Geeks To Go, my name is Tony.

This sounds like that you still have an infection on your computer, Please Click here and follow the instructions carefully.

Edited by Tony_1983, 18 September 2005 - 08:39 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
HarryMay- can you boot the comp into an admin account? What exactly was the original problem that required the recovery disks? Do you have an XP cd?

Johanna

HarryMay

HarryMay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
No,hp was kind enough to safeguard the og disk.

HarryMay

HarryMay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
When I try to post hjt after i send att, it says a reply is necc. But the reply button is off.Yhe gentleman from hjt sent me a ay to send them a log because something is jammed up.Ahhhhhhh,I try and try to enjoy this infernal contraption.What the hay,maybe I'll learn something.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Harry

dont send the HJT log as an attachment, copy and paste the text from notepad into the post itself.