Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP slow

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I was wondering if anybody had an opinion on how to make XP run like it was just freshly installed. I scanned it with Spybot, Adaware and Hijack This and with my virus scanner. Nothing serious, just usual stuff. But for some reason, the computer is so slow, it's dang near a brand new computer too!! I know I could just reinstall windows, but it's my friends computer and he doesn't have the disk and i just plain don't want to get all the files off it, but if that's what it comes down to, i guess i'll have to. So if anybody has any advice for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Why don't you run it through PC Pitstop and post back with the results?