Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

edit display properties in user profiles (NT)

• Please log in to reply

magmaman

magmaman

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,
i am looking to change some of the display propereties on an NT OS, basically i need to change a window color in a user profile which has no editing rights what so ever. I know how to edit the display while logged in as the admin, but it dosn't stick to the machine it only sticks to the profile.
so to sum up, my question is this:

On an NT machine where there are multiple users, admin and user, and the user profile has no rights to edit anytrhing, how do i edit the user's display settings.

i hope that is clear, if not just ask and i will attempt to clarify

thanks guys

MM

[bleep] NT!

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
You have to use the policy editor
Policy editor for NT

Edited by peterm, 19 September 2005 - 02:12 AM.

magmaman

magmaman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i looked at that but that just sets the restrictions dosn't it? i still want all of the users to be restricted from changing the display settings but i would like to change them globaly .
thanks
MM

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
then you will have to try doing it as a login script

magmaman

magmaman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
how would i dop it as a logon script? i know some basic logon stiuff bu have no idea how to change the display.

thanks
MM