Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Repeating virus

• Please log in to reply

Newbie2

Newbie2

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Every time I boot up, Norton antivirus finds a virus (Backdoor.Graybird) and deletes the file mc216.tmp.
Object Name: c:\windows\temp\mc216.tmp
Virus Name: Backdoor.Graybird
Action Taken: The file was automatically deleted.

The file is backed up in Norton's quarantine system but I can't send it to them as the original has been deleted.

My windows XP is fully up to date via auto update. My Norton Antivirus and firewall fully up to date. I run AdAware, Spybot and Spysweeper, all up to date and updated weekly. Full scans don't find anything and I can't seem to contact Norton or find anythinjg on their site. Help please. I don't know how I aquired the virus, can't seem to get rid of it and don't like to use the computer on the internet now.

Advertisements