Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox suddenly very slow loading images...

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It was unlikely to be Firefox if IE6 was doing the same.

What did you have to do with the modem

Advertisements

sires6

sires6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I had to reset both Westell and then DLink (of course, Verizon doesn't service DLink so anytime I have to deal with them, I have to unplug my wireless router). Once I did that, they were both up working to snuff 1700 up and 600 down... By the way I painted an oil of London Bridge, love London.

annie

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

Moto270

Moto270

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same thing going on. Firefox displays images slowly and IE displays them instantly. My speed test results are similar.

IE
3319 Down
353 Up

FireFox
3293 Down
354 Up

Yet it displays jpg's and images like I have reinstalled my old ISDN from way back in the day. I am looking for a solution. Just thought I would let you all know that there are people out there with ample bandwidth down and still having problems. When I first installed firefox it was actually faster than IE and that was why I really liked it. Now I can't hardly use it. I have uninstalled all of my extensions with no luck as well. I think I might try a complete reinstall to see if it changes anything.