Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPod Nano

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hiya. So, I have decided to get this iPod Nano. :) Looks like everyone is after it, and so am I. Which one is better for me to get White or Black? And should I even get it? Also, should I wait untill they will release a 10 Gig version? I am sure it is in the works. Thanks. :tazz:

Advertisements

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
I would get a white one.

And i would personally wait until the 10 gig one comes out!

:tazz:

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
So have you bourght an ipod nano yet? :tazz:

SJSCHOO

SJSCHOO

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
friend of mine bought it and hates it :tazz: apple, cant live with em, cant ... seem to get rid of them

pedrossi

pedrossi

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I wouldn't get an iPod Nano. In fact, I wouldn't get anything "iPod".

First, determine if you need a Flash or HD mp3 player. Flahs mp3 players are cheap and usually hold up to 1gb of space, and the HD ones (like iPods) can hold a lot more.

I have one from iRiver, bought it back in april. (www.iriveramerica.com). It cost about $100 and holds 512MB of space (I have 104 songs on it). It can also record voice and record stuff from the radio, so you can listen to your radio shows over and over. I've never had any problems with it, and the sound quality is AWESOME (It has bass boost, Xtrm EQ, 3d sound...)

I'm no expert in the matter, but I'd probably go with something cheaper than an iPod (the iRiver I have plays 40 hours of music on a AA battery, and it's size is as if you got 3 AA batteries and taped them together in cylindrical pyramid format).

Anyway, I've never owned an iPod but from what I've heard I wouldn't get one.

SJSCHOO

SJSCHOO

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Rio's got some good ones out there, I have the 256 Cheba, 70 bucks, its just not worth it to have all your music with you at all times, i just wake up in the morning and wipe it and send the albums i want for the day onto it while i'm eating break fast, morning ritual that will save u a couple hundred and a whole lotta anger when u put it in ur back pocket, sit down and bust it open

*edited by an Administrator. Please do not use words such as you posted..to avoid the badword filters. Keep in mind this is a family friendly site, and we ask you to watch your language.

Edited by ~Kat~, 05 October 2005 - 11:59 PM.

roostermilk

roostermilk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I like both personally... black is hard to find in the dark :)

Don't wait for 10 gigs sheesh..... that's overkill.... even if you used all that space.... where are u gonna need all those songs to listen to... a REAAAAAALLLLLLYYYY long road trip? :) :)

:tazz: I vote black for now.

EDIT: A thought... say 10 gig holds what... 2000 songs? If you legally purchase these songs from I-Tunes for 99 cents a pop.... 2000 bucks? Robbed by Apple.

Edited by roostermilk, 03 October 2005 - 08:13 PM.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
I think the best ipod is the 60 gb photo one! :tazz:

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
No, I did not buy the nano yet. I heard a lot of people returning them, as some bug has been discovered. I think screen problems or whatever. So, I will wait a bit longer for 10 gigs.

And to asnwer the question why I need so many songs on iPod. I just don't want to bother with reloading it every day. So, I'll just pop in 2500 songs (10 Gig ipod nano), which should be most of my cd library, etc. and I am good. Of course more is better, but hard drive is a "nono", lol. My cusin said hers broke down, and harddrives generally suck and I believe unstable. :tazz: Thanks. :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i agree with most of the others....with all the itunes related problems we see here on the forum.....i think it's best to just use a player that can use any mp3 song you want instead of having to deal with that itunes garbage, plus...i will promise that you would lose the nana....it's tiny....i lose things that are bigger than my head...i know i'd lose that little bugger...

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Yes also it said on the news that their backs scratch easily.

:tazz: