Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Compaq IJ750 printer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

myasam

myasam

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
I run Ad-aware and AVG virus tools pretty regularly and system appears to be somewhat clean. But I can't print anything. Each time I try to print I get a flag that's titled "Spooler32" and nothing happens, but the printer indicates there are jobs in que. How do I reestablish my printer? Happy holidays to you. Thanks for being here.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Can you uninstall and reinstall?

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Thanks for your reply. I thought about that but I'm not sure how to do it. My system is about 5 years old. Reading the instructions to install the printer asks to install the free software that came with the printer. I have no clue where that is or what disk it would be on. Can I uninstall/reinstall without a disk?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
See if you can download it from the compaq website. I always lose my software for my printers and download them from HP.

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I tried to download the software from Compaq - either I don't know what I'm doing (and that's a sure bet) or the Compaq site is confusing to me. After downloading what I thought I should, I'm not having tremendous problems with trojans, etc. I will post a hijack this log in the proper forum. But I would still like your helpful opinion on how to get my printer back on line. The system has the printer but when I print I get a flag that says "wrong printer" and it will do nothing else. Even my adaware and AVG won't work now. Something got in.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
When you go to your printer option page, do you have the printer checked as your default printer?

Just post the Hijack This log in this forum. It may be related.

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I posted a hijack this log in that forum. I'm having trouble even getting to you. My printer still will not work. After downloading from the Compaq site, I've had nothing but trouble. I'll work on the printer I suppose after the hjt log is cleaned. Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.

Topic closed. Duplicate post.

http://www.geekstogo...321

Edited by coachwife6, 30 December 2004 - 05:37 PM.