Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer reboots and restarts when trying to play

• Please log in to reply

smrtypntz7667

smrtypntz7667

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am about to literally throw this pc out the window! I got a new video card for my pc. put it in then had problems with the game crashing during loading. Returned that video card for a replacement cause the video card company guy said that the card was defective. Got the replacement today put it in the pc and the same thing is happening. I updated the drivers rolled back the drivers for the video card also updated the drivers for the sound card. Manually uninstalled the game like it said to on the website. Reinstalled the game, emptied the temp files, turned off backgraound tasks, ran the test on gamespy and my pc meets all of the system requirements, I have done everything I can think of and still it won't even get me into the game, it just crashes and reboots itself during the opening "movie" for the game. I am big time lost here. Can someone PLEASE help me out. I even changed the settings of my video cards refresh rate to 60. I am so lost!

EDIT: Just found out that the card that Gateway sent me is not compatible with my motherboard! Nice work Gateway. Coulda' fried my motherboard!

Edited by smrtypntz7667, 19 September 2005 - 10:07 PM.

Advertisements