Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lexmark X75

• Please log in to reply

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Ok i have this printer i've had it for a while and i just stiped using it for a while so i uninstalled it and i need it again and i seem to have lost the cd that came with it so i was wondering is there a way i could get those files again to install it once again? thxs

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Have you tried looking on Lexmarks website for the drivers?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You may have uninstalled the lexmark printer but the drivers should still be there since most lexmark drivers are stored in the base C: directory in a folder that begins with 'LEX'. Try looking there and see if there is a folder that is similar.

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
yes i haev but it doesent seem 2 work i get this error C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and mirosoft windows applications. Choose 'Close' To terminate the application this is the link from where i got the driver from

http://downloads.lex...n&searchLang=en

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
go to ADD NEW HARDWARE in the control panel, it will detect your printer and the add new hardware wizard will appear. Have the wizard look in that folder to find the drivers.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If that doesn't work, go here and download the driver for it from lexmarks site.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Read the Microsoft article in the link below. I found it through Lexmarks website & it describes your problem exactly :

http://support.micro....com/kb/324767/

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
but i dont have the cd is there a way that i could get the linkt that was given to me here put that info on cd and use that instead just because i lost mine?

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
The fix given in that link, asks for the XP CD, not the printer CD.
Do you have an XP CD?

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
thxs for ur help but i found the cd in my playstations games case for some reason thxs anyways