Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question bout NT

• Please log in to reply

patslaiby

patslaiby

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Dear All,
I was wondering if there is a way to lock the keyboard for a user when he logs on for a certain amount of time (5-10 seconds)then after that time he could take control of the keyboard???
thank you for the help guys

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
why?

patslaiby

patslaiby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well actually users on my site have to launch an application but they have to wait for it to initialize or errors may occur if they don't and that will create more wore for me, therefore since they don't have the patience to wait, i'm trying to make them wait for bout 5 sec till i give them control of the keboard.Is it feasible?
thanks for the help

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when you say users on your site...do mean the people at your company using your network? (sounds stupid...but...just checking)...and to my knowledge there isn't a way to disable the keyboard in a timed fashion

patslaiby

patslaiby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
yes i mean people in my company using the network.
well is there a way i could run a batch file that disables the keyboard from the registry at startup then create the delay in the batch file till i enable it again?