Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp laptop won't turn on

• Please log in to reply

ohairs

ohairs

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have a Laptop that is a HP Pavillion pentium 4. The hard drive crashed and I had a new one installed. After a few days using it , I turned it off and left it to charge. When I tried to turn it on again it would not come back on. AC, or battery. I took it to the shop again and they said they have taken it apart and can't find a reason why it will not turn back on. They guessed to say it is the system board. What doesanyone out there think and how possible is it for the hard drive to go out and then the system board on a 2 :tazz: year old computer? Any help anyone could give, I am all ears!!
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

ingel

ingel

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
well im not rly sure but my guess is tht wen u put it to charge the electricity went to high for sum reason and fried the laptop but well thts only my opinion and not sure if it even is partly right

groove18

groove18

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
have you recently suffered a power cut and if so did you unplug your lappie ...if not the sudden restoration of you power could have caused a spike in the power supply best idea is to get the shop to do a full (and i mean everything done ) overhaul of your good ol' lappie ...after all the hd is new so its still under warantee

good luck :tazz:

mike