Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

adaware system shutdown

• Please log in to reply

darrenholden

darrenholden

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please someone help!
I was hit by a virus at the weekend and everytime I think Ive nailed it I find something else.
I know the root of the problem is pokapoka in various forms but I cant seem to flush it out.
Spysweeper crashes whilst sweeping the registry, if i just sweep cookies and files it finds the spyware (elitebar) but says it needs to reboot to finish removing it, but its still there after reboot
I have been running hijack this and have removed most things (probably too much).
I have now joined this forum after 2 days of lurking trying to work the problem out myself.
I have followed the thread regarding prepost tasks, I have ran clean up and downloaded and updated Adaware.
Now when I run adaware it runs for 10 secs and then I get notification of system shutdown because windows/system32/services.exe terminated unexpectedly

heres hijackthis log

I:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
I:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\UAService7.exe
I:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
I:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
I:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
I:\WINDOWS\etb\pokapoka61.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
I:\Program Files\AOL 8.0\waol.exe
I:\Program Files\AOL 8.0\shellmon.exe
I:\Program Files\Hijack This\Hijack This.exe
I:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapp...//www.yahoo.com
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Runner] I:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe /i
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] I:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Installer] I:\WINDOWS\System32\ntdll.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Spooler] I:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsv32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "I:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A1491CE9-A6FF-4818-AEF1-A3DBF19A15D7}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145

my main problems at the moment are pop ups, IE errors (im on aol) and worst of all AOL crashes on any redirect

Advertisements

darrenholden

darrenholden

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, Still trying like [bleep] to get things running smoothly

yesterdays thread

I have now tried manually removing the etb file, ive tried to delete and erase it, but sure enough on reboot the etb file is back.

also this may be a separate issue but pc is slower than ever and task manager shows that cmd.exe(80%), crss.exe(20%) are using 100% of cpu

please help me get my pc back