Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

virus ie.

• Please log in to reply

twickers

twickers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: hello..may i call on ur wisdom pl.
due to pokapok65..have all sorts of problems. to rid them. i played about deleting
windows security updates..as ie seemed to be the culprit in all this. which appeared to kill off viruses but left me with other problems

current position..have lost original taskbar settings/ start up button not on taskbar/quick lauch items all gone ..some desktop icons will not load..message says try reloading program..but reload will not work..
have lost modem connection..can not set up printer or access scanner (yet can scan while in Adobe ? (one of the programs that does load)

restarting windows..gives me dialogue box with 2nd of 3 users i had set up (only one user me..but virus's appeared to only (initially) effect my main user account..
such as xp install/uninstall program wd not work under my acccount/ but worked under 2 user named a/c.

i doubt if i can use hijack. to post a log..but will try.
in the meantime..ur comments the good /bad/ugly welcome..
(soon chaps/girls..so ancient may not last duration of query)
super site/thanks and good luck to u all
twickenham/london/eng

Advertisements