Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fans

• Please log in to reply

quintessenceanx

quintessenceanx

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I have an Inspiron 5150, and it gets hot frequently. I realize that part of this is just using it, and ocasionally I do tax the CPU a bit, but recently it's been quite a problem to the point where I am concerned.
I have bought a laptop fan (not an internal one-just one that you "plop" your laptop on top of), but it is in need of replacing. It is over a year old and I literally have to push in on the sides or tap it a bit to make it run.
Does any one know of any good/reliable brands for laptop fans (internal or external)?
Thank you!
~Q

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Searched google and got of about 2,110,000 for external laptop fan.
this is one of them
http://www.xoxide.com/evnopad.html
Search yourself for more.

quintessenceanx

quintessenceanx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I had googled for fans before, but I didn't know which brands were trustworthy or not. Right now the fan that I have, that is dying, is an Antec. It's always cooled reasonably well, or on occasion very well, but I don't like the way it interacted with the computer. This is not to say that it messed up my computer by decreasing it's ability to run, but the power that goes to the fan fluctuates frequently and now sometimes the fan doesn't go on at all. ::shrugs::
I just want a reliable fan.

I looked into the fan you posted, and it looks awesome! I'm going to see if any of the computer stores around here sell it, so I can see it before I buy it to make sure it's as good as it looks! :tazz:

Thank you!
~Q