Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer screen turns off, goes into stand by mode

• Please log in to reply

jazbinder321

jazbinder321

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have enough adequete disk space. If a drive is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacture for drive updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8056537F, 0xB3F78C94, 0x00000000)

This message has recently popped up and i'm not sure what i should do. My monitor has continuously been shutting off and going into standby mode and i can't figure out why. I can still hear programs running and music playing yet i can't see anything at all. I have to manually restart the computer so i can use the computer again. It only shuts down when i use the internet, msn messenger, and some computer games such as: Star wars episode 1 The phantom menace, as well as counter strike

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Can you give your system config.
Also, Try re-installing\updating your video-card drivers.