Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox Live connection issues

• Please log in to reply

RedStorm

RedStorm

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi

i just bought a refurbished x box after my original one bascally imploded. I had xbox live running on that through a ethernet hardwire to my router which is a Dlink DI-614+.

Now when i try to get xbox live running on this one it will not let me due to my router apparently because i connected directly to my modem and bypassed the router and it connected fine once i entered the PPPoE on the xbox. However when its pluged into the router no matter what i do it will not connect
eg. gateway,dns, and etc. Also the router is apparently not accepting the DMZ to be turned on which would allow access to the net without a fire wall. So is there any way i could set up a server/ open a firewall port range etc to allow my xbox to connect?

Please get back to me soon
Thanks
Storm

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
search back for my post on the exact same issue with my XBOX Live... I Curently have my DMZ enabled (had to input the Xbox's IP Adress to do that) and I have Port forwarding turned on for TCP Port 3074 XBox Live. I am Using the linksys wrt54g. Those two settings helped increase my server host speeds by 1 green bar on the latency meter.

Ps... I have the original verision Xbox... bought on initial release date... works great still.

Edited by SpaceCowboy706, 21 September 2005 - 03:57 PM.