Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dvd sound problem

• Please log in to reply

rdhd1990

rdhd1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

the easy fixes did not work, sorry.

it looks like the drivers are ok. let's look at the registry. the drivers are loaded based on the registry. we might suspect that the sound driver is not being loaded properly on bootup. let's try a couple of safe mods to the registry. here's the first.

try CCleaner and run the issues tab, using with the back up option

http://www.ccleaner.com

View Post

kl program but sadly it didnt work :tazz:

Advertisements

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
we can try something with the hardware or we can try to modify the registry.

hardware:
do you know how your devices are connected? are the dvd and hard drive on the same IDE(primary) cable? are there any devices on the other IDE(secondary) cable?

registry:
are you comfortable modifying the registry or do you know anyone whose is knowledgable with the registry?

we will proceed based on the answers to the questions above.

rdhd1990

rdhd1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

we can try something with the hardware or we can try to modify the registry.

hardware:
do you know how your devices are connected? are the dvd and hard drive on the same IDE(primary) cable? are there any devices on the other IDE(secondary) cable?

registry:
are you comfortable modifying the registry or do you know anyone whose is knowledgable with the registry?

we will proceed based on the answers to the questions above.

Hi, sorry 4 my delayed reply

The problem started first month after getting pc (somone noticed and failed to tell me untill recently) so pritty sure it not added hardware or software, i dont know how they are connected, and i wouldnt be comfortable modifying the registry as this is a minor problem and would not risk causing bigger probs