Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Couldn't install printer

• Please log in to reply

ashish

ashish

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I recently bought a epson c45 color printer which i am not able to install.

i am using win xp prof.. when i click to install a printer an error is returned saying that OPeration couldn.t be completed and then when i click on OK ( which is the only option available) nothing happens.

one thing that might help knowing the problem is tha t i am already having an hardware problem. the problem is that on every restart windows finds a new hardware called as "AIM External flat panel 0". then files needed box appears saying that file "wADV01nt.sys" on Intel® AIM FP disk is needed.

Then when i cancel it then another hardware ie "Intel® AIM External Flat Panel Driver 3" is found.

And the number at the end keeps changing randomly.

i think that the hardware is used for some video output for a external monitor or something like that which i dont have actually

so there are two problems.

I have scanned for any worms, viruses, with adaware and pc cillin.

also there are no hardware conflicts in device manager

pls help so that i can use my printer soon

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
are there any yellow ? in device manager?

ashish

ashish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Does the yellow mark mean any hardware conflict , if yes then i have already mentioned that i dont see any.

if that means no , then i see no yellow marks in device manager

Edited by ashish, 21 September 2005 - 11:21 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
the yellow means missing drivers....not neccessarily conflicts (i'm sure that's what you meant....but just making sure)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
can you find that particular aim device in manager? or in bios?

peterfa

peterfa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I had a similar problem to this once....

from memory I went to the Device Manager in Win XP and clicked View --> Show hidden devices.

A few printer devices with yellow exclamations came up and I disabled them and the problem went away.

Good Luck

ashish

ashish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i had done some r&d with registry and services of xp . not directly , by using some softwares like registry first aid, cleaner, etc. i also got corrected all the entries in hijack this log.

i may have done some thing else too which i dont remember but now i have got my self rid of the problem of hardware AIM problem.

but the prointer problem remains.

after i enable show hidden device in device manager a hardware named klif is with a yellow mark.

and there are no other yellow marks and also cant see any AIM hardware

peterfa

peterfa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Did you try right clicking and disabling that klif item?