Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java Script

• Please log in to reply

pbent

pbent

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello all... hoping someone has an answer to my problem... i have a Toshiba laptop... installed on it is Norton antivirus 2005... was having issues with the internet security option (firewall)... to be able to surf the net i was having to disable this feature each time, so i have disabled permanently, my issue now seems to be with the javascript... i can surf some websites... but, if i get to a page with Javascript it goes nowhere... i have looked in the tools and internet options... only thing i find in there is... Java (sun) Use JRE 1.5.0 for applet (requires restart) this was not checked so i checked it and did a restart.... didn't do anything for me... still have same issue... im running widows xp...

thanks in advance...

* i can't even get into my hotmail account...

Edited by pbent, 20 September 2005 - 06:52 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start the control panel then add / remove, look for J2SE runtime environemet, left click this then click remove, confirm and reboot if required.

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, after this, run disc defragmenter from system tools.

Go to Sun Systems site to download the latest version

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Use the online installation

Please would you remove your e-mail address from your details on this page

pbent

pbent

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for keying me onto the email addy,... i didn't even see that...

just wanted to say thank you again... this fixed my issues... have a great one all!!!

Edited by pbent, 22 September 2005 - 02:25 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know