Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Some games not launching.

• Please log in to reply

LondonTheatreUK

LondonTheatreUK

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi!

Recently, a few of my games that I had installed on XP, have stopped launching when I open them. Not all....just some. I sometimes get the little timeglass icon on the games with the launch-problems, but then nothing. Even a really small game application. I have tried to re-install direct x but that doesnt seem to be it. I have the latest direct x and drivers for my graphics card.

Any ideas? Would love some help to get this fixed and can provide more info if needed!

Thanks!

Best wishes - Tom

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hi LondonTheatreUK,

Welcome to Geeks To Go, my name is Tony.

Just so that we can rule out malware Please Click here and follow the instructions carefully.

LondonTheatreUK

LondonTheatreUK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Okay - I have followed all those instructions to the letter. I can post logs here if you want, but I can't see anything in the logs which cause concern. No viruses found. Malware/adware/spyware clear by the looks of things.

Tom

M4_Fanatic

M4_Fanatic

• PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

I can post logs here if you want.

View Post

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.

If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

LondonTheatreUK

LondonTheatreUK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
As I said, I have followed ALL those instructions to remove any malware myself. I have also now posted my HiJack This log in that forum. :tazz:

Tom

Edited by LondonTheatreUK, 21 September 2005 - 03:21 PM.

M4_Fanatic

M4_Fanatic

• PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
kk i was just using the canned speach.lol.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

As I said, I have followed ALL those instructions to remove any malware myself. I have also now posted my HiJack This log in that forum. :tazz:

Tom

View Post

LondonTheatreUK, has any one replied to you in the malware forum? IF not the please click here

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Where abouts did you get your CD from?

LondonTheatreUK

LondonTheatreUK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Okay I replied to that thread now, since I didn't receive a response in the Malware forum yet.

Where abouts did you get your CD from?

CD for what?

Tom

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
CD For the games that you are playing + the windows CD.

LondonTheatreUK

LondonTheatreUK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Windows cd came from a computer market. All legit. Most of the games not working came from a computer games store, but one is a free downloadable one which doesn't launch anymore either.

Tom

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
LondonTheatreUK, has any one replied to you in the malware forum? IF not the please click here

LondonTheatreUK

LondonTheatreUK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
No they havn't. I've already posted in that thread, so hopefully someone should get back to me soon. :tazz:

Tom